The UCLA Lambda Alumni Association sustains a network of LGBTQ+ alumni and friends to support one an other, UCLA students, and the greater LGBTQ+ community.
To accomplish our mission, we have three strategic pillars:
- Social and Professional Networking. Connecting UCLA LGBTQ+ alumni and community members to meet and support one another socially and professionally.
- Student Support. Creating avenues for UCLA LGBTQ+ alumni to support – through advocacy, mentorship, events, and financially – incoming and current UCLA students who identify as LGBTQ+, are interested in LGBTQ+ scholarship, or are committed LGBTQ+ activists.
- External Community Outreach. Playing an active role in LGBTQ + activism beyond the UCLA campus – in Los Angeles, across California, and beyond.
Formally established in 1989 by Doug Walters and Corinne Lightweaver, the UCLA Lambda Alumni Association is one of the oldest and most well-established LGBTQ alumni organizations in the country.
If you attended UCLA, you can be a member of Lambda! As a member you are invited to attend any and all Lambda Alumni events such as social gatherings, professional panels, and community volunteering events. And feel free to bring your friends! To be an active member:
- Sign up for our Email List: To join the Lambda Alumni mailing list, and receive quarterly e-newsletters and monthly event updates, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, email and class year.
- Follow our Social Media: Stay updated and join our conversations on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Attend Lambda Events: View our calendar of upcoming events here.
- Volunteer for UCLA: Lambda members strive to have an impact on the greater UCLA community through volunteer involvement, such as serving as an alumni mentor or participating in Interview with a Bruin, or hosting Dinner for 12 Strangers.
- Leverage our Network: Lambda members help Lambda members. We hope you will seek support from our community of LGBTQ and ally Bruins and, in return, give support to those who may ask for help.
To learn more about volunteering, joining committees, or participating in the Board please visit the Get Involved page on the Lambda Alumni website.
Scholarships and Giving
UCLA Lambda Alumni Association Scholarship
Each year, the UCLA Lambda Alumni Association awards at least one 4-year $1,000/year scholarship (for incoming freshman students) or 2-year$1,000/year scholarship (for incoming transfer students). We take great pride in being a part of this scholarship tradition.
If you are interested in volunteering to help with scholarship selection, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCLA Lambda Alumni LGBTQ Leadership Awards
Lambda has historically awarded one or two awards to continuing or graduating LGBTQ or ally undergraduate students each year. Announced at Lavender Graduation (a commencement event for LGBTQ students) in June, the award recognizes students’ contributions to the LGBTQ community on campus, and hopes to inspire continued service and activism.