UCLA LGBTQ Campus Resource Center
If you are interested in becoming a member of the LGBTQ Center's Outreach Committee, please email the LGBTQ CRC Administrative Coordinator, Minnie Esquivel Gopar (they/she/elle/ella) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Outreach Committee provides resources and support to the LGBTQ community at UCLA. Committee members have a presence at various events throughout the year, such as Bruin Day. Duties include tabling and outreach event support. Volunteers are supervised by the Outreach Interns and the Administrative Coordinator.
- Table across campus to effectively communicate the LGBTQ Center's resources and services to UCLA students and campus partners
- Represent the LGBTQ Campus Resource Center at UCLA events
- Help create, maintain, and stock LGBTQ Center outreach materials (i.e. restock outreach cart, make identity buttons, etc)
- Other duties as assigned
- A desire to increase knowledge, sensitivity and understanding of diverse queer, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
- Ability to take initiative and be self-sufficient in the position
- Must be a currently enrolled student at UCLA for at least 6 academic credits.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must be in good academic standing for the term prior to selection and during entire period of volunteering
- Ability to follow instructions and accepts and applies constructive criticism with a positive attitude to improve performance